Friday, April 22, 2011

First Blog - Second Verse

My Likes and Dislikes

(Second Verse)



My first attempt at blogging was a dismal failure.  I don’t know whether to blame it on software or my ineptness.  If it was my fault, I have an excuse called senioritis with intermittent brain freezes and severe brain fogginess.  As I have aged, rhythm has become my mantra and if my rhythm is missing; well, it’s not a pretty picture and you don’t want to be in close proximity because anything can and likely will happen.  I fully expect that someday I will gargle with shampoo and wash my hair with Listermint.  Most days, I shower first thing and I have a certain rhythm.  It goes something like this:  1) brush my teeth; 2) get a mouthful of water and mix it with a small amount of Listermint; 3)gargle for at least 30 seconds (in obedience to Kim, my dental hygienist for many years) while shampooing my hair; 4) shave (usually only on Sundays and Wednesdays), 5) lather everywhere (I made sure before I entered the shower that there was ample soap – my wife uses the bar even when it is thin enough to see through); 6) rinse thoroughly; 7) shut the water off; and 8) dry thoroughly in accordance with my wife’s drying instructions which include drying over 50% of my body before exiting the shower so as to not get water on the tile bathroom floor.  And you thought body hygiene was a simple task!


The danger comes if I miss any of the steps or rearrange them and this is always caused by thinking about something else while in the shower; hence, I try to put my brain in neutral while showering but while still trying to remember which direction to pull the razor across my face.  Now that you understand my thought patterns while bathing, please let me revisit my likes and dislikes that were discussed on my very first ever blog (that blog is now in blog heaven or blog h---).


I like:
1.       Christians that make me thirsty for more of Christ
2.      The New York Yankees 
3.      John Gresham novels
4.      Anything written by Randy Alcorn, both fiction and non-fiction
      5.      John MacArthur Study Bible (NASB)
      6.      Dell PCs
7.      HP Printers
8.      Reformed Theology with an emphasis on God’s Sovereign Grace
9.      My 9 year old granddaughter, Kaylee










10.  Visiting the sick
11.  Sharing in small groups
12.  Praying any time, any place, about anything
13.  Southern Gospel Music especially the Gaithers
14.  Buicks
15.  Callaway Golf Clubs
16.  Titleist Golf Balls
17.  My Samsung Epic Smartphone (Droid OS)
18.  Pars and Bogeys
19.  My Mark Shannon memories












20.  Dachshunds

Charlie










I dislike:


       1.  People you say ‘fer’ instead of ‘for’
  2.  People who use ‘your’ when they should have used ‘you’re’
  3.  People who have no idea how to use a turn signal nor when to use it
  4.  Professionals who speak in public a lot and use ‘uh’, ‘um’, ‘you know’, etc
  5.  Spam mail
  6.  People who interrupt (exception for Bill O’reilly)
  7.  Bleeding heart liberals who believe tax and spend is the only way to govern
  8.  TV Commercials (few exceptions)
  9.  Political campaign phone calls
10.  Flat tires
11.  Broccoli
12.  Cell phones ringing during the worship service
13.  Denied medical, dental, or vision claims
14.  Aching knees
15.  Wet sock-covered foot with yellow stain (doggy puddle in the house)
16.  No clean paring knives in the utensil drawer (We’ve bought 8 new ones this year)
17.  Unmatched socks (since I retired I am responsible for the laundry)
18.  Empty ink cartridges
19.  Windows error messages
20.  Colonoscopies


 This doesn’t exactly match my first lists but I could probably come up with at least one hundred likes and dislikes without even trying.  Here’s hoping this blog post lasts longer than my first one.


Thought for the day:  Providence is defined as the hand of God in the glove of human events.  Have a Blessed Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment